WHO WE ARE
Our programs and school environment promote strong Christian values, and God’s truth is integrated into both our academic and extracurricular activities.
Flint Hills Christian School is accredited for grades K-12 with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), a division of AdvancED.
Our vision is to partner with Christian families to educate and inspire their children in the desire to love, serve, and honor God as mature Christian leaders to reach the world for Christ.
Our mission, as an extension of the Christian home, is to educate in Truth, train in righteousness, and fully develop each child in body, mind, and spirit.
“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the Word of Truth.” (II Timothy 2:15)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible authoritative Word of God. [2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21]
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. [Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30]
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in his miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. That man is redeemed by grace through faith in Christ’s atonement for sin, through the shedding of His blood on the cross. [John 10:33, Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23 , Luke 1:35, Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26, John 2:11, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9, John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11]
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration sovereignly applied by the Holy Spirit and evidenced by a living faith in Christ is absolutely essential. [John 3: 15-19, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8- 10, Titus 3:5]
We believe that God has created man and that He created them male and female. We also believe that God instituted monogamous marriage between a male and female as the foundation of the family. For this reason, any sexual relationship outside of marriage between one man and one woman is considered sinful and unacceptable to God. [Genesis 2:22-24, Matthew 19:4-6, Hebrews 13:4, I Corinthians 7:2]
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. [Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4 :30, 5:1]
We believe in the resurrection of both the eternal saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal loss. [John 5:28-29]
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. [Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 2:12-13]
As a school community we …
• Strive to honor God in all we say and do. God’s Truth should be integrated into a well-rounded program of academic and extra-curricular activities.
• Teach and model a Bible-based, Christ-centered world view.
• Strive for educational excellence.
• Are committed to providing educational programs that create a learning atmosphere that develops a desire for high achievement and encourages student participation, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
• Believe that since parents have the primary responsibility for educating their children, parent involvement in school programs and activities is expected. We believe that the benefits of Christian education are enhanced when the entire family is committed and involved.
• Value each child as a unique creation of God.
• Provide educational opportunities for diverse learners and strive to meet the individual educational and special needs of each child.
• Focus on encouraging each student in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Practice justice, mercy and peacemaking, resolving conflict in a positive manner using Biblical principles.
• Are committed to hiring exceptional employees who love and honor God, love children, and are consistent godly role models. Teachers should be called by God to the teaching profession, demonstrate expertise in their academic areas, and have an unselfish spirit of dedication.
• Seek to honor God in all our financial decisions by being faithful stewards of His resources.
True to our core values and following the example that Christ set in loving our neighbor as ourselves, FHCS students are involved in a number of community service projects and activities. Contributing positively to our community also plays a key role in our secondary leadership studies which emphasize leadership through service to others.