Flint Hills Christian School’s Fine Arts Program Features:
• Music classes for all students (K-12), including learning to read music, performing in Christmas programs and spring concerts, and participating in regional fine arts competitions
• Art classes for all students (K-12), including opportunities to submit artwork for regional fine arts competitions
• Concert Band (grades 5-12)
• Praise Band for chapel
• Annual musical/theater performance featuring both junior high and senior high school classes
Thank you to Ms. Reynolds and all who attended the FHCS Summer Theatre Camp, June 10-14, 2019. The camp featured an active, hands-on workshop with students learning about and practicing various elements of theatrical performance and production.
NATIONAL SPANISH POSTER CONTEST WINNERS
Congratulations to all who participated in the AATSP Spanish Poster Contest. Five FHCS students placed in the top three in the state, and their posters were forwarded to the national competition in Atlanta, GA. FHCS winners are listed below.
- Elizabeth Fuller (5th), 4-5 Grade Entry, 2nd Place
- Yaileniz E. Santana (7th), 6-8 Grade Entry, 2nd Place **2nd PLACE NATIONAL WINNER!!**
- Cheyenne Crow (6th), 6-8 Grade Entry, 3rd Place
- Mary El-Aasar (12th), 9-12 Hand-Drawn, 2nd Place
- Michaela Crow (9th), 9-12 Hand-Drawn, 3rd Place
FHCS SPRING DRAMA PRODUCTION
Thank you to all who contributed to the success of the spring drama, Life Is Like A Double Cheeseburger, April 26-27, 2019, with special thanks to Mrs. Amy Ward, Director/Producer.
CAIR PARAVEL FINE ARTS FESTIVAL
Congratulations to our grades 5-12 students for their fine performances at the Cair Paravel Fine Arts Festival, held Feb. 28-March 1, 2019. The following students received 1’s (Superior) ratings:
- 7th-12th Band
- Trumpet Trio (Jonathan Featherstone, Kaden Vandorn, Michael Dunaway)
- Cheyenne Crow (6th) Piano Solo
- Michaela Crow (9th) Piano Solo
- Elizabeth Dunaway (12th) Flute Solo
- Lily Linville (12th) Oboe Solo
- Angela Navrat (9th) Photography
- Kendall Vandorn (6th) On Site Drawing
Overall, our students received eight 1’s (Superior) and thirty 2’s (Excellent). Congratulations to Mr. Carter (music), Mrs. Lacey Dunn (art), and Mrs. Linville (photography) for helping our students prepare.